Sunday, November 4, 2007

Meter maids smiling

While walking toward work on Friday, a meter maid saw me in her little tag car, stopped at an intersection without a crosswalk, smiled and waved for me to cross the street. A shocking experience and the first of its kind in my knowledge bank. How could this happen? Well, yes, as a matter of fact I did have a baby strapped to me kangaroo style and yes, I agree, he does have a terrific smile.

That same day, I was one of the lucky winners of the office Halloween contest, AND my baby slept through the night four nights in a row! (THat's all changed now, but damn, it was good while it lasted.).

Hollandia is calling AND I remembered the time change for the first time in three years.

3 comments:

lauren said...

So, what were you for Halloween? A 70's office worker??;;

Trekking Left said...

So, are you saying that a baby will get you out of parking tickets?

Chryss said...

"It is better to give than to receive."
—St. Francis, patron saint of meter maids