Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day Two

Allright. I've been thinking about Valentine's Day a little more. My first thoughts have been expressed in a previous post. However, from a marketing perspective, the holiday is marketing love. It may be crass, it may be about retail sales and quarterly objectives, but the side effect is that a lot of people think "I love this person and I want to express it in some way, what should I do?"

That's not such a bad "Call to Action." All those great expectations and great let downs are another side effect,but in a world with so much angst, aggression and callousness, I must recant my previous position and say I am in support of a holiday that promotes love and affection, and awareness of expectations we create of others.

Did you know that in India there are conservative groups that raid and trash shops that sell Valentine's day cards and act out in violence against those who express their love through affection or participating in this holiday?

I find myself very and unexpectedly patriotric and appreciative of my right to be romantic with my man, and if I felt like buying him chocolate, I can (and I did . . . )

1 comment:

Chryss said...

There's nothing better than chocolate on Valentine's Day! :-)